. . . on my Dresden Neighborhood mini quilt:
In fact, it may even have concluded. I haven’t decided yet about adding more quilting in the background. After stitching around the green and red circles in the center, I stitched along the sides of the houses to secure the layers of the quilt sandwich, extending the lines from the roofs into the background.
I did something similar with my first wonky Dresden Neighborhood quilt, Uptown Funk, but added more quilting lines and staggered the ends of some of them:
I really like the effect of rays emanating from the roofs, echoing the doors, which also give the impression of rays emanating from the center circle.
Here’s a look at the back of my current version:
The fabric is a piece of yardage from Corey Yoder’s “Holliberry” line for Moda, the same line I used in most of the dresden blades. Somehow I overlooked this particular print when cutting my 20 blades; it would have been a nice addition to the neighborhood!
The next step is to transform this square piece into a circle. Then I’ll decide whether it needs more quilting. I’ve already decided which fabric I’m going to use for the binding. I think you’ll like my choice!
The quilting always seems like adding a special piece of jewelry to a stunning outfit. Looks very nice!
You’re always providing inspiration and a teaching technique. Thanks so much for another beautiful post.
Icing on a delicious cake!
Extraordinary, Dawn. I love the theme of “Houses.”