24. Addendum: Hanging Quilts with 3M Command Picture Hanging Strips (Jan. 23, 2023)
23. Practical Magic: Hanging Quilts with 3M Command Picture Hanging Strips (Jan. 11, 2023)
22. Sewing Tips for Kaleido Blocks on Dawn’s Season to Taste Pattern (June 20, 2021)
21, Oven Mitts that Fit: Prequel to the Tutorial (April 13, 2021)
21, Oven Mitt Tutorial from First Light Designs, Part 1 (April 18, 2021)
21, Oven Mitt Tutorial from First Light Designs, Part 2 (April 19, 2021)
20. In Praise of Single-Fold Binding: A Tutorial of Sorts (March 24, 2021)
19. Tutorial: Making a Perfectly Round Quilt Label (Nov. 6, 2020)
18. Printing Quilt Labels on Fabric (Oct. 19, 2020)
17. Best Tips for Perfect Star Points (June 19, 2020)
16. A Nifty Way to Cut Binding Strips (Oct. 29, 2018)
15. Scissors Case from First Light Designs (Sept. 5, 2018)
14. Mini Mod Tiles “Supersized” (Oct. 25, 2017)
13. Rx for Rulers: Surgical Tape Keeps Rulers from Sliding (Aug. 27, 2016)
(update added June 21, 2019)
12. Necktie Notions Case (Dec. 23, 2014)
11. Rotary Cutter Coat (Oct. 10, 2014)
10. Template Tool for Triangles (April 11, 2014)
9. Sewing Around Curves on 3-D Objects (Dec. 22, 2013)
8. Perfect Pillowcases (Oct. 23, 2013)
7. The Fastest Snowball Block Ever! (Aug. 22, 2013)
6. Make Mine Mitered: A Tutorial on Table Napkins (Nov. 21, 2012)
5. Working with 1/4″-wide double-fold bias tape (Part 3 of 3) (Oct. 5, 2012)
4. Working with 1/4″-wide double-fold bias tape (Part 2 of 3) (Sept. 22, 2012)
3. Working with 1/4″-wide double-fold bias tape (Part 1 of 3) (Sept. 17, 2012)
2. Twister Heart Tutorial (I Love Paris) (June 26, 2012)
1. Making Quilt Labels Using a Compact Disc (June 14, 2012)
By any chance do you have a kit available to make Tiffany’s Garden?
Sorry, Sue, there is no kit for Tiffany’s Garden. If you could find the focus fabric, I think you could make the quilt using fabrics that are very similar to the ones I used in my quilt.
I WANT TO COVER AN OTTOMAN. SAW YOUR SLIPCOVER. DO U HAVE A PATTERN? I AM A BEGINNER BUT HAVE A FRIEND THAT WILL HELP ME WITH PROJECT.
I do not have a pattern for the slipcover I made for my sister’s ottoman. I just took measurements and made it as I went along, using the lines of the existing cover as my guides. Good luck with yours!
On your website I saw a quilt called Reach for the Stars. I have been trying (in vain) to find this pattern. By chance do you have it available for purchase. I really like this pattern and enjoyed the revisions you made to the original pattern and I would like to make this for a wedding gift. Thank you for your response.
You can purchase the back issues of Quilter’s Newsletter for download. Then follow Dawn’s tips on the outside border.
Can’t remember which issues off hand but read Dawn’s earlier replies for that information.
I made your Rotary Cutter Case and it is marvelous.
My Quilt Guild (Valley Quilt Guild) in Palmer, Alaska, is wondering if we can
make some of these to sell in our Fair Booth in August. This is how we fund
our Education classes for the Guild.
Thank you for your ideas.
Thank you for respecting copyright law, Judy! I am happy to give your guild permission to make and sell rotary cutter coats made from my design. — Dawn
I also would like permission to make your rotary cutter for our church quilting group sale we have at church as a fund raiser. Thank You. Your site is amazing, so many designs and tutorials. God Bless You. I live in Oregon and have not missed a Sisters Quilt show in 25 years. Are you going to be there in 2017?
Of course, Alta! Thank you so much for asking. And yes, I plan to be at the Sisters Quilt Show next year. Maybe we will run into each other!
Hi, I would love to make your tool caddy. Do you have a pattern to make one and the pattern price?
Hi Jane. The tool caddy is not my design. The pattern is called Travel Case by p3designs.com. You can purchase it on line from the designer.
You are so creative, Dawn, and always choose such pretty fabrics together!
And you are a wonderfully patient teacher!